To avoid mosquito bites we will try to stay at home during sunrise and sunset, which is when they are most active. In addition, mosquitoes are also more active in areas where there are shrubs and near stagnant water.
Tips To Prevent Mosquito Bites Naturally
This type of insects is attracted by the chemicals we use to moisturize the skin, especially those that contain lactic acid. This explains why we are much more likely to be “eaten alive” when we have sweated, such as during and after exercise, so we should try to keep ourselves dry and fresh as fast as possible.
Mosquitoes need water to reproduce, so we will pay special attention to areas where, both inside and around the house, they may have standing water. I am including pipes, trash, drinking fountains for dogs and birds, etc.
But in addition to these physical barriers, there are other types of remedies to prevent mosquito bites:
- Lavender is an excellent plant for people, but mosquitoes hate it. In order to keep the mosquitoes out of our home we can place a few bathed tapes with a few drops of lavender on the windows and thus prevent mosquitoes from entering.
- We can elaborate a lavender body oil repel to the moquitos. To prepare it we will add 30 drops of lavender essential oil in two tablespoons of vegetable oil, like the olive oil, and we will rub on the exposed skin. In addition to smell very well we will be able to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
- There are a number of plants those have repellent properties against mosquitoes, such as Santamaria, Cidronela, catnip and lavender as we have seen. Planting one of these plants in our garden will keep mosquitoes away.
- Even if it sounds like a joke, eating garlic avoids and repels mosquitoes. After eating garlic, small amounts of garlic oil are released through our pores which cause mosquitoes to stay away.
- An alternative to garlic, not too appetizing, but if effective, is apple cider vinegar. To prepare it we will add two or three tablespoons of the vinegar to half a liter of water and we will drink it, it is a natural and effective remedy, in spite of having an unpleasant taste, to compensate the flavor we can take a little honey and thus sweeten the bad drink .
- Neem oil is a natural insecticide used by plants to keep away the incest that can damage them. Applying a little Neem oil on the skin will keep mosquitoes away naturally.